Thursday, December 4, 2008

Princess Katie & Racer Steve's "Kiddie Rockers Unite" CD/DVD Drive A Huge Success

This evening Racer Steve and I, along with Crash and Space performed for the ultra cute kids at the Ronald McDonald House here in NYC.  The Ronald McDonald House is an incredible place, offering families a way to stay together in a comfortable environment while their children get treatment for serious illnesses.
A few months ago I had asked kiddie musicians and people within the industry if they would like to donate some CDs/DVDs for me to give out at my hospital performances and at this event at The Ronald McDonald House.  Well, they did give and very, very generously if I might add.  
It's hard to explain what it feels like when you're performing for children who are dealing with life-threatening illnesses.  Their energy is low, their faces pained.  Now imagine having the incredible power to light up those little, beautiful faces by offering the music of these artists.  I was able to do this tonight because of the generosity of these kiddie rockers and industry insiders.  
After our performance, we were invited up to the dining room where I announced to all the kids and their parents how these musicians would have loved to perform for them, but figured the next best thing would be to give their music to them.  As I went from child to child giving out the cds and a copy of our new dvd with it, you can't imagine how psyched they were.  I'd like to thank everyone who donated their art to such truly deserving little kids.

No special order.  Thank you so much.


Amberly Warnke - Ages 3 & Up
Baze and His Silly Friends
The Hipwaders
Mr. Richard
Silly Sally
Mr. Leebot
Stefan Shepard - Zooglobble*
Groovy Ruby
Gwyneth - Gooney Bird Kids*
Susan Fox - Park Slope Parents*
Randy Kaplan
Dan Shorr
Bill Childs - Spare The Rock, Spoil the Child*
The Little Leaguers
Mr. Ray
Matt Clark

*Many people "in the biz" got the word out about this by posting about it on their kids' music blogs.  Thank you to Spare the Rock, Gooney Bird Kids,  Zooglobble and Park Slope Parents.

If I forgot anyone - I don't think I did - please email me so I can add you.

PK

PS We visit hospitals often, if you would like to donate, you can email me and I'll tell you where to send them.