Saturday, April 14, 2007

Let's Help Protect All Children


Dear Diary:

I hope that there's a cause on this planet that everyone feels drawn towards. It can be saving the whales, protecting the environment or even keeping their local parks safe. Well, I've always been drawn towards the protection of kids and the great thing is, I'm not alone. There's a fantastic organization that the band and I did several shows for this past holiday season, Safe Horizon (www.safehorizon.org).

The great thing about Safe Horizon is that it helps to educate people on the signs of child abuse and how to take action. Sure, it's something no one likes to think about, but my feeling has always been that if I'm part of the solution, I worry less about the problem. Safe Horizon also does so much more! They work with young women, teens and children and provide critical information about lifesaving resources and services available to victims.

How cool would it be if we could stop all kinds of abuse towards children and help the children who have been abused get help and lead healthy, happy lives?

I commend Safe Horizon for their work and hope that the information here inspires someone else to help.

With love,

Princess Katie